The following guide provides an overview of the topics reviewed during an Avatour Operator Training call
Step One: Assemble the hardware.
If you've purchased a complete Avatour kit, you can follow assembly instructions at this link.
Step Two: Charge the device.
For the best experience with Avatour, we recommend charging all devices a minimum of 2 hours prior to a scheduled session. This includes any hotspots, Bluetooth audio devices, power bank and most importantly the 360 camera. The power management article at the following link will help with maximizing and extending the battery life of your sessions.
Step Three: Connect to the Internet
- If you have an Avatour kit with an included LTE/5G hotspot, and you have signal, you should connect automatically when turning on the hotspot.
- If intending to use Wi-Fi with Avatour, please review our network requirements guide with a member of your IT team to prevent firewall and security issues.
Step Four: Install the Avatour Software (optional)
If you did NOT purchase an Avatour kit, you need to install the Avatour software following the instructions at this link.
Step Five: Log In
- If you haven't yet received an Avatour Host Account welcome email, contact your Avatour representative to request your Host Account.
- Log in to your account on a mobile or desktop web browser
- Choose the "Device Login" option
Step Six: Creating Your Avatour Session
Once you have assembled the equipment, powered on the devices, and connected to your network, the next step would be to create the sessions that you will be hosting. For Pilot One users who intend to use live sessions, access to the Avatour Host Dashboard would only be available from a desktop PC/Mac browser. The guide in this link walkthrough the session creation process and how to invite guests.
Step Seven (Option 1): Start Your Live Avatour Session
After creating the session the next step would be to launch the Avatour app on the Pilot One camera. The following link will guide you through basic operations and features included inside the Avatour experience
Step Seven (Option 2): Start Your Pre-Recorded Avatour Session
Alternatively, if intending to shoot offline videos and pictures for later use in a session, the Camera application on the 360 camera would be used instead of the Avatour application. A full guide on offline recording steps and how to upload this to your Assets tab can be found at this link