Release history for the Avatour mobile app for iOS, distributed via the Apple App Store.
AVATOUR for Apple App Store Release Notes
Date: Sept 3rd, 2022
- Fixed a camera offset issue when app is used with One R cameras.
- Upload videos (mov) from the iOS app
- Fixed an issue that prevented superfreeze and other assets from being uploaded to cloud storage from behind a proxy server
Date: Aug 17th, 2022
- Spotlight tool
- When a remote participant is using the Spotlight tool, on-site operators using iOS will now see the highlighted portion of the 360° environment on their device screen as well as a preview of the entire 360° environment with an indicator marking the area of interest.
- The SuperFreeze tool can now be used with the iOS kit, allowing participants to capture a high-resolution 360° still image. Users can place notes on a SuperFreeze image and save the image as an asset within the session. Hosts can use the Avatour Console to export a PDF report containing the image and associated notes.
- Japanese language support
- The language in the iOS app can now be switched to Japanese from the Settings menu
Version: 1.0.23Date: Mar 29, 2022
- Support webrtc media over proxy server
Version: 1.0.22Date: Feb 10, 2022
- Fix application hangs when chat server connection is blocked (behind a proxy)
Version: 2.3.2Date : Dec 20, 2021
- Fix reconnection mechanism after network drops
Version: 2.3.1Date: Dec 8, 2021
- Fix bugs that prevent app from working behind a network proxy
Date: Nov 24, 2021
- Fix h.264 sdp issues that should support 4k video over webrtc
Date: Nov 20, 2021
- Host app can work with http proxy in a restrictive corporate network. The proxy will need to support websocket connections.
Date: Aug 7, 2021
- Fix bug where guest audio level is low
Date: Jul 27, 2021
- Support for 2.0 infrastructure (webrtc) that lowers delay and improves performance in low bandwidth
- Display camera preview in the host app
- Video mask settings to hide parts of the 360 degree video feed.
- Enabled horizon stabilization and direction lock
Version: 2.0Date: Apr 27, 2021
- Platform updates that allow for up to 20 guests to attend an AVATOUR session
Known Issues (as compared to Android)
- iOS version does not support the 2.0 delivery infrastructure (webrtc) at this time. This implies that iOS version requires a consistent / stable Wi-Fi connection to work well.
- Connection diagnostics tools, Camera preview still missing from the iOS version. Please use Ookla's Speedtest utility to check if uplink bandwidth meets minimum requirements.
- No camera preview
Date: Dec 7, 2020
- iOS version of the AVATOUR Host app that was previously only available on Android.
- iOS version does not include a connection diagnostics tool for testing connectivity, or camera preview at this time.