Latest Release Highlights -
Avatour Mobile App for iOS
- Simplifies wireless connection to Insta cameras using bluetooth discovery.
Improve stability of wireless streaming from Insta cameras
Increase resolution of quick captures to 4k when using a wired connection to Insta360 cameras
- Fixed bugs related to asset uploads from the gallery
- Introducing Quick Capture Mode: We've integrated support for capturing and sharing 360-degree photos and videos directly from the Avatour app using Insta360 cameras. The newly added "Quick Capture" mode is easily accessible from both the Camera and Gallery tabs. Additionally, you can conveniently rename your captures and organize them within specific workspaces prior to uploading.
- Wireless Live Streaming: We've introduced the capability to conduct wireless live streaming directly from Insta360 cameras. This eliminates the need for a physical cable connection between your phone and the camera. Embracing this wireless functionality is a breeze. Just connect to the camera's wireless access point. For instance, if you're using the ONE X2 model, look for the SSID to might look something like "ONE X2 7VMF4Q.OSC". Upon connection, you'll be prompted to enter a password. The default password for this purpose is '88888888'. However, please note that for streaming over this wireless connection, a robust 5G or LTE data connection is required.
Date: Aug 21, 2023
- Audio Output Device Selection
- Users now have the ability to select the audio output device both in the lobby and during meetings.
- Mirrored Webcam Feed
- Avatour now reflects your webcam feed in your view, while others perceive the non-mirrored feed. This aligns with standard practices in video conferencing platforms.
- Updates to ROI Calculator with Japanese Localization
- Our Return on Investment (ROI) calculator has been improved to display the number of participants involved in calculations, allowing users to better understand the basis for the calculated ROI. Additionally, the ROI calculator now supports Japanese localization.
- Igloo Support Improvements
- Igloo support has been improved with autojoin capabilities using URL parameters. Furthermore, Avatour now remembers the positioning and sizing of secondary camera feeds or screen shares for better placement within Igloo immersive environments.
- License Count Clarity
- The license page now exclusively presents host users (also known as paid users), providing customers with a clearer view of their license allocation and usage. Viewer collaborators are guests (or free users), and exempt from usage calculations. Account Admins have the privilege to upgrade guest users to host status.
Avatour Platform Updates
Date: Aug 15th 2023
- Meeting Recording (Beta)
- It is now possible to record your Avatour meetings. Each Workspace has a setting which enables recording for any meeting that takes place in that workspace. This is a preliminary version of meeting recording which records the audio from participants and any live captures from a 360° camera. Future versions will also capture the participant videos and anything that is presented during the meeting. Note: Recording is currently in beta and is available upon request. Please contact your Customer Success representative if you would like access to the feature.
- Quick Capture
- The Avatour Operator App can now be used to capture 360° videos and photos. Videos captured within the app are optimized for use on the Avatour platform, greatly reducing upload and processing times. Quick Capture can also be used without a network connection, so you can capture wherever and whenever you need to and upload later.
- Operator Share Button
- The Operator App now has a Share button, making it easy for 360° camera operators to share an invitation to their Avatour meeting. On iOS and Android mobile devices, the Share button will copy the invite link and open up the device’s native sharing menu. The Share button on Pilot cameras will serve up a QR code which can be scanned using a mobile device.